First book of its kind
Creating Local Dedicated Funding Streams:
A Guide to Planning a Local Initiative to Fund Services for Children, Youth and their Families
A hands-on practical resource to help you create stable, sustainable funding through a local ballot measure. Whether it takes one year or five, this book contains ways to have success along the way – with everything from a children’s budget to powerful communication to legislation to protect funding.
- Benefits of a local children’s fund
- Examples of funds around the nation
- Basics of California taxing law
- Revenue options for a children’s funding stream
- Creating a children’s budget
- The power of polling
- Drafting a measure
- Developing an organization that can win
- Effective messages
- Getting on the ballot
- Preparing for a campaign
- The role of foundations
- Assessing your assets and challenges
- Guidelines for understanding local budgets
- Creating a stakeholder analysis
- Developing the best revenue strategy
- Elements of a strong measure
- Key decisions you must make
We want to hear from you.
How are you using this Guide? What additional information do you need? What ideas and tips do you want to add to the next edition?
Funding the Next Generation offers technical support. Read the Guide and let us know if you would like help.
E-mail Margaret Brodkin at Margaret@fundingthenextgeneration.org to arrange a phone consultation about what you need – whether it be ideas for getting started, a speaker for a meeting in your community, strategic advice, coaching your team or leaders, polling, or drafting legislation. We can provide a ten minute phone call – or more intensive support for a several year journey.
You might also be interested in:
Children’s Fund Campaign Manual
Produced by Funding the Next Generation in collaboration with 50+1 Strategies
>> Learn More